Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Stash - Vintage Sheets

Today's Sunday Stash isn't a new addition to my collection, but I wanted to share my sweet little vintage sheet collection with you.

Here are some sheets I got in a fat quarter swap a few months ago.

And here are some lovelies I recently thrifted and need to cut into FQs very soon.

And yes, I have an ulterior motive sharing them with you. I am currently hosting a Vintage Sheet Fat Quarter Swap on Facebook - at the Fabric Swaps - Australia and International page - but because it's been pretty quiet I've extended the swap deadline to September 30th and I'm also organising it through my blog too.

So if you're an Australian resident and you want to get yourself a lovely little bundle of vintage goodness, here's your chance!

A few housekeeping details: The swap is for vintage sheets cut into fat quarters (20in x 20in/50cm x 50cm). It is up to you how many FQs you want to swap, you will get the same number in return.


Please wash sheets prior to sending. Cut carefully, removing hemmed edge before cutting and watching for any holes/stains – please only send sheets you would be happy to receive. If sheets are not up to standard I reserve the right to send the unsuitable sheets back to you. You may need to fussy cut around holes or particularly worn areas.

Use a pre-paid parcel post satchel to mail them to me, and include a self-addressed pre-paid satchel for their return. You will get about 15fqs in a 500g satchel ($7.20) and 50+ in a 3kg satchel ($11.40), there are also 5kg satchels ($14.50) but I’m not sure how much they hold. If you want to send more than one satchel of FQs that is fine but please mark them 1 of 2, 2 of 2 etc. It would help me if you can pop a note in that states exactly how many FQs you’re sending. 

Sheets need to be with me by September 30th , 2012. 

Please comment below or email me at janeykelly@hotmail.com to get mailing address and let me know to expect your parcel.

Please feel free to publicise the swap on your blog, facebook etc. The more the merrier!

Linking up to Sunday Stash at Finding Fifth




2 comments:

  1. I have mine all ready to go but now that you have extended the deadline I may add some more to it. I an hoping that we can get lots of like-minded folks to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am keen! Have requested to join the FB group :) Is there a maximum on same number of FQ's from each member?

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete