Monday, July 16, 2012

A little welcome

If I'm ever asked to describe myself in a few words, creative is always at the top of the list.

Why? Because it defines me, it makes me happy, and I think it's one of the most important qualities a person can have. So, yeah, I value my creativity above plenty of other things in my life. There's plenty I can live without in this modern, busy world, but if I go for more than a few days without being (or at least thinking) creative, I get to be a very.cranky.girl. And it ain't pretty. 

So this blog is a documentation of my creative journey, an exploration of what comes out of this creative space (my pretty little craft room, and my pretty little head). I've often made the excuse that I don't have time for blogging, but sometimes I feel I need someone to answer to in my creative journey or it becomes way too long between finishes and I find that spark stops firing and I get into a lull (cue that very.cranky.girl). 

Oh yeah, and what do I create? Quilts (generally of the modern variety), scrapbooks, refashioned clothing, the odd chocolate dessert, cool things for my kiddos, cool things with my kiddos.... and whatever else I think I might like to try. 

So come along, join this creative trip with me. I look forward to getting to know you.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're blogging!

    I'm with you on the need to create something - it's the only way to keep things going smoothly ;)

    ReplyDelete